Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the world’s leading companies.
Our organization is staffed by over 1,000 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
• Leads the architectural design on multidiscipline project teams in an A&E environment including coordination of all work between engineering disciplines.
• Defines the facility program requirements based on an understanding of the client’s production flow and space environmental needs derived from meetings with the Client and the review of any documentation provided by the Client.
• Conducts code research specific to the project site, program and proposed use.
• Creates renderings as needed to communicate concepts to the Client.
• Develops the base plan and communicates requirements to other engineering disciplines.
• Develops schematic design including sketches.
• Researches material options or alternative building methods in an effort to deliver the optimal solution for the Client.
• Develops specifications and oversees preparation of plans for permit acquisition and construction.
• Answers RFI’s and reviews submittals and shop drawings throughout the pre-construction and construction phases of the project.
• Manages and provides guidance to Architectural designers working on the project team.
• Bachelor of Architecture degree is required.
• Master of Architecture degree is desired and will be considered as 2 years of appropriate experience.
• As a Lead Architect, you will work in our office and remotely at project sites as needed to design technical solutions to meet our Client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with engineers, designers and other professional consultants to design facilities for industrial manufacturing and distribution operations and will specifically possess a specialized knowledge of applications in the Life Science industry.
• R.A. license, preferably in the state of California.
• Minimum 10+ years of industrial architectural design experience with a proven ability to lead the facility design from the programming/concept phase through the production of construction documents, permit acquisition, and site implementation on multi-discipline projects in an A&E environment.
• Minimum 5+ of those years executing projects in the Life Science industry covering the pharmaceutical, biotech, and/or medical device sectors.
• Knowledge/experience in design of both new/greenfield facilities as well as renovations to existing buildings.
• Knowledge/experience in design of ISO clean rooms, labs and processing spaces.
• Knowledge/experience in design of cold storage and refrigerated processing environments.
• Experience in coordinating design with process engineers on industrial installations of production equipment is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
• Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
We are licensed for facility engineering across the United States. Architects can expect 15% travel to project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for training and other purposes.
Relocation assistance will be considered for the qualified applicant.
• Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
• This organization uses E-Verify.
To apply for this position, please click the “Click Here to Apply” button below and attach your resume and/or cover letter. A Design Group Recruiter will contact you within 5-10 business days if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Design Group operates as an independent and autonomous unit of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, a leading supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology across a broad spectrum of industries. With more than 11,000 team members spread among 100-plus locations around the globe, we remain united by a common belief: we can use the power of our business to build a better world. For more information, visit our CEO’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.