Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the world’s leading companies.
Our organization is staffed by over 1,000 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
• Leads the mechanical systems engineering design on multidiscipline project teams in an A&E environment.
• Designs facility/building mechanical systems including HVAC (inclusive of air handling units, chemical and laminar fume hoods, unit heaters/coolers, etc.), water, chilled water/glycol, wastewater, cold/warm rooms, clean rooms, cooling towers/condensers, boiler/steam/condensate systems, hot water and hydronic systems, compressed gases (air, O2, N2, CO2, etc.), waste/drain and other plumbing systems.
• Completes engineering calculations, develops specifications, and oversees preparation of plans for permit acquisition and construction.
• Answer’s RFI’s and reviews submittals throughout the pre-construction and constructions phases of the project.
• Interfaces with venders as needed to accomplish equipment sizing and selection.
• Develops performance specifications for fire sprinkler systems.
• Inspects new and existing installations and make recommendations accordingly.
• Works closely with Client personnel including Manufacturing, Facilities & Maintenance, Quality, and Validation to ensure systems are designed in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Contributes expert knowledge of equipment during investigations at the request of our Clients. Conduct walk-downs of equipment when necessary to support compliance investigations. Review controls, batch records, maintenance records, etc. as needed during the investigation.
• Stays abreast of new and emerging technologies, and current Good Manufacturing Practices.
• BS degree Mechanical Engineering from an ABET school required.
• As a Lead Mechanical Engineer, you will work in our office and remotely at project sites as needed to design technical solutions to meet our Client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with engineers, architects, designers and other technical professionals to design custom mechanical systems for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and industrial process projects. The candidate will specifically possess a specialized knowledge of mechanical system applications in the Life Science industry.
• P.E. License, preferably in the state of California.
• Minimum 10+ years of industrial mechanical engineering system design experience with a proven ability to complete mechanical system analysis, sizing, design, and report writing.
• Minimum 5+ of those years executing projects in the Life Science industry covering the pharmaceutical, biotech, and/or medical device sectors.
• Proven ability to lead the mechanical system design on a multi-discipline projects in an A&E environment.
• Knowledge/experience in ISO clean room design.
• Knowledge/experience in USP purified water system design is a plus.
• Knowledge/experience in clean utility design is a plus.
• Knowledge/experience in refrigeration system design is a plus.
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and ability to interact with our valued team members and clients.
• Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD, Microsoft Office. Revit and Plant 3D experience is a plus.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
We are licensed for facility engineering across the United States. Lead Mechanical Engineers can expect 20% travel to project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for training and other purposes.
Relocation assistance will be considered for the qualified applicant.
• Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
• This organization uses E-Verify.
To apply for this position, please click the “Click Here to Apply” button below and attach your resume and/or cover letter. A Design Group Recruiter will contact you within 5-10 business days if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Design Group operates as an independent and autonomous unit of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, a leading supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology across a broad spectrum of industries. With more than 11,000 team members spread among 100-plus locations around the globe, we remain united by a common belief: we can use the power of our business to build a better world. For more information, visit our CEO’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.