Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the world’s leading companies.
Our organization is staffed by over 1,000 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you will work in our office and remotely with engineering teams of Architects and ME/EE-Engineers to design technical solutions to meet our client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with other licensed engineers and experienced designers to design power distribution and lighting systems for manufacturing, distribution, and other industrial and commercial facilities.
Technical competencies will be required in the following areas:
• Power utility coordination
• 277/480V building services and medium voltage distribution
• Emergency power system
• Power distribution and calculations including: switchboards, panel boards, transformers, wire sizing, voltage drop, conduit fill, cable tray sizing
• Motor Control Center specification including VFDs and starters
• Interior and exterior lighting design
• Preparation of design criteria, one line diagrams and specification for electrical equipment.
• Perform fault current calculation, arc flash analysis and coordination studies.
• Resolve EE oriented Change Request Notices and Request for Information.
• Develop construction drawings and review work packages.
• Prepare grounding and bonding plan
• Complete calculations using SKM and other analysis software and will use AutoCAD (MEP) software to design facility electrical systems.
• BS Electrical Engineering degree from an ABET school required.
• Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
• Minimum 6 - 12 years of relevant experience.
• Able to lead the electrical design on a multi-discipline project
• Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD (MEP) software is required.
• Revit or other 3D facility modeling software is a plus.
• Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to
interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
• Must also possess good general computer skills including use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
We are licensed for facility engineering across the United States. Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% to work at project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for training and other purposes.
Relocation assistance is available for the qualified applicant
• Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
• This organization uses E-Verify.
To apply for this position, please click the “Click Here to Apply” button below and attach your resume and/or cover letter. A Design Group Recruiter will contact you within 5-10 business days if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Design Group operates as an independent and autonomous unit of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, a leading supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology across a broad spectrum of industries. With more than 11,000 team members spread among 100-plus locations around the globe, we remain united by a common belief: we can use the power of our business to build a better world. For more information, visit our CEO’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.