Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the world’s leading companies.
Our organization is staffed by over 1,000 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
As an E.I.T. level Electrical designer, you will work in our office and remotely with engineering teams of Architects and ME/EE (P.E.) Engineers to design technical solutions to meet our client’s business needs. The successful candidate will work with senior licensed engineers and experienced designers to help design power distribution and lighting systems for manufacturing, distribution, and other industrial and commercial facilities. As an EIT level electrical designer you will enhance and develop technical competencies in the following areas:
- • Power utility coordination
- • 277/480V building services
- • Power distribution and calculations including: switchboards, panel boards, transformers, wire sizing, voltage drop, conduit fill, cable tray sizing and fill, AIC calculations
- • Motor Control Center specification including VFDs and starters
- • Interior and exterior lighting design
- • Preparation of design criteria, one line diagrams and specification for electrical equipment.
- • Selection and sizing of UPS for SCADA system and three phase inverters on site.
- • MV, LV and fiber optics cable sizing and routing.
- • Perform lightning and insulation coordination studies.
- • Develop wiring and conduit drawings using AutoCAD.
- • Resolve EE oriented Change Request Notices and Request for Information.
- • Develop construction drawings and review work packages.
- • Resolve RFIs and FCRs.
- • Prepare grounding and bonding plan for new equipment.
- • Develop electrical drawings using AutoCAD.
This person will learn to complete calculations using SKM and other analysis software and will use AutoCAD (MEP) and Revit software to design facility electrical systems.
Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
We are licensed for facility engineering across the United States. The candidate should expect 15% travel to project sites, collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for training and other purposes.
We are looking for candidates local to the area. For qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation assistance may be available.
To apply for this position, please click the “Click Here to Apply” button below and attach your resume and/or cover letter. A Design Group Recruiter will contact you within 5-10 business days if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Design Group operates as an independent and autonomous unit of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, a leading supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology across a broad spectrum of industries. With more than 11,000 team members spread among 100-plus locations around the globe, we remain united by a common belief: we can use the power of our business to build a better world. For more information, visit our CEO’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.