St. Louis, Missouri
Design Group is a leading engineering, systems integration, and technology consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and other industrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and other technology services to the world’s leading companies.
Our organization is staffed by over 1,000 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 35 offices in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement within a thriving work environment and a unique “people-centric” culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
This position will have the following responsibilities (this list is not all inclusive):
• Responsible for managing the acquisition process, including, but not limited to:
o Ensure all key stakeholders are brought together in the preliminary review stage.
o Create the financial model, scorecard and report out for each new acquisition candidate.
o Lead the due diligence & close process, ensuring all functions are on task, and we have conducted a thorough review of the acquisition candidate before closing.
o Travel as needed to support the due diligence process, specifically from a Finance perspective.
o After close, lead the financial integration process, ensuring a smooth and efficient integration.
• Develop standard acquisition project management templates and tools, and define the process flow of an acquisition. Additionally, provide enhancements to the Design Group internal financial modeling template.
• Provide financial support for the monthly close and forecast process, along with the annual visioning process. Provide financial oversight on forecast variances, risks & opportunities to the forecast, A/R, cash/invoice positioning, utilization and project yields.
• Enhance firm level analysis through dashboards, performance scorecards, KPI’s, and business trends.
• Formalize and manage the annual capital expenditure planning process.
• Responsibility for the Design Group office opening process, including, but not limited to:
o Determine organizational/office footprint vision as a much larger firm
o Real decision making authority to make lease commitments
o Ensure office justification and approval process are followed
o Executive level communications
o Continuous improvement / best practices and learning about our investments
o Monitors, tracks and reports performance metrics to ensure growth and value
• Ensure contractual review of financial terms, estimates and fees on significant client proposals, prior to entry on our backlog.
• Work as part of the Design Group Financial Analyst team to improve financial processes and communications across the firm.
• Provide year-end financial audit support. Throughout the year, conduct monthly project audits to ensure proper financial control policies and guidelines are being followed.
• Provide general financial support to Regions, Practices, clients & special projects as needed.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is strongly preferred, but not required based on work experience. Continuing education or certifications, such as an MBA or CPA is a plus.
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4-8 years of relevant experience.
• Advanced Excel skills are required.
• Previous acquisition and financial modeling experience strongly preferred.
• The ideal candidate needs to have good inter-personal skills, work well with teams, and have strong organizational & communication skills.
• The ideal candidate needs demonstrated initiative with the commitment and ability to meet deadlines.
Design Group offers a team focused work environment with a competitive salary, performance based incentive pay, and benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k) with matching contributions.
The ability to travel up to 15% is required.
• Design Group is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening is part of our employment process.
• This organization uses E-Verify.
To apply for this position, please click the “Click Here to Apply” button below and attach your resume and/or cover letter. A Design Group Recruiter will contact you within 5-10 business days if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Design Group operates as an independent and autonomous unit of Barry-Wehmiller Companies, a leading supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology across a broad spectrum of industries. With more than 11,000 team members spread among 100-plus locations around the globe, we remain united by a common belief: we can use the power of our business to build a better world. For more information, visit our CEO’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.